Aston Martin remains unsure whether Sebastian Vettel will race in Saudi Arabia after missing the opening round of Bahrain's Formula 1 season due to COVID-19.
Last week, four-time F1 world champion Vettel tested positive for COVID-19, prompting Aston Martin to declare on Thursday that he would miss the Bahrain GP opener race and that Nico Hulkenberg would step in.
Vettel becomes the 2nd Formula 1 driver to test positive in two weeks. McLaren's Daniel Ricciardo missed the Bahrain pre-season testing race after contracting COVID-19, but he was returned for the race weekend.
After the Bahrain race, Aston Martin team Principal Mike Clark said that Vettel appeared to be improving, but it was uncertain whether he would return in time for this weekend's Saudi Arabian Grand Prix.
Krack said, he was at the debrief, and he looked less rough than he did a few days ago, however, we don’t know.